Your car got broken into? Here’s what to do:
1. First, don’t panic. It can be upsetting to come back to your car and find that it’s been broken into, but try to remain calm.
2. Next, assess the situation. Take a look at your car and see if anything is missing. If you can’t tell right away, check your glove compartment, trunk, and under the seats to see if anything has been taken.
3. Once you know what’s missing, call the police. They’ll take a report and start an investigation.
4. While you’re waiting for the police, call your insurance company. They’ll likely need to know about the break-in in order to process any claims.
5. After the police have come and gone, and you’ve filed a claim with your insurance company, you’ll need to start thinking about getting your car repaired. If the damage is extensive, you may need to get a new car altogether.
No one likes having their car broken into, but by following these steps you can make the best of a bad situation.
Other related questions:
Q: What do you do when someone breaks into your car?
A: If you are the victim of a car break-in, the best thing to do is to call the police and file a report. Be sure to get a copy of the report for your insurance company.
Q: What to do if your car was broken into but nothing was stolen?
A: If your car was broken into but nothing was stolen, you should contact the police and file a report. You should also check your insurance policy to see if you are covered for this type of incident.
Q: What is it called when your car gets broken into?
A: A car break-in is also known as a car burglary.