This is a common question among aspiring airline pilots. The quick answer is that it depends on the airline. Some airlines require a certain number of hours in a simulator as part of their hiring process, while others do not.
The reason for this difference is that each airline has its own operating procedures and philosophy when it comes to training their pilots. Some airlines believe that simulator training is the best way to prepare their pilots for the real world, while others believe that the best way to learn is by actually flying the aircraft.
So, if you’re wondering whether or not your flight simulator hours will count towards an airline job, the best thing to do is to check with the airline you’re interested in.
Other related questions:
Q: Does simulator time count towards flight time?
A: Yes, simulator time does count towards flight time.
Q: Do simulator hours count towards private pilot?
A: Yes, simulator hours may be used toward the private pilot certificate.
Q: Can you log hours in a Flight Simulator?
A: No, you cannot log hours in a Flight Simulator.
Q: Does simulator time count as PIC?
A: Yes, simulator time can be counted as PIC.
- Using a Simulator for Private Pilot Training – Redbird Landing
- Does sim time count for total time? – Airline Pilot Central Forums
- Does a flight simulator count as flight hours? – Quora
- Simulators: focus on saving time, not logging time
- Can I count simulator hours towards a commercial flight …
- “Total Time” and “Total Flight Time” – MyFlightbook Blog
- Do you count 50 hours sim in TT for jobs? : r/flying – Reddit