Whether you’re cancelling your American Airlines account because you’ve found a better deal elsewhere, or simply because you no longer fly with them, the process is relatively simple. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
1. Log in to your American Airlines account.
2. Click on the “Profile” tab.
3. Scroll down to the “Account Preferences” section and click on the “Cancel Account” link.
4. Enter your password to confirm that you want to cancel your account.
5. Click on the “Submit” button.
And that’s it! Your American Airlines account will now be cancelled.
Other related questions:
Q: Do American Airlines accounts expire?
A: No, American Airlines accounts do not expire.
Q: How do I merge my American Airlines accounts?
A: To merge your American Airlines accounts, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-433-7300.
Q: Can my wife use my AAdvantage number?
A: Yes, your wife can use your AAdvantage number as long as she is a member of your household.
Q: What happens to American airline miles when someone dies?
A: When an American Airlines AAdvantage member dies, the account is closed and all miles are forfeited.