If you’re planning a trip and want to use your Capital One credit card while you’re away, you’ll need to let us know in advance. That way, we can make sure your card works properly while you’re away and help you avoid any disruptions in your service.
Here’s how to notify Capital One of your upcoming travel plans:
1. Sign in to your account online or on the Capital One mobile app.
2. Select the “Account Services” tab.
3. Under the “Other Account Services” section, select “Notify us of upcoming travel.”
4. Enter the requested information about your trip, including the dates you’ll be traveling and the countries you’ll be visiting.
5. Click “Submit.”
Once you’ve notified us of your travel plans, we’ll make sure your card works properly while you’re away. And if you have any questions or problems while you’re traveling, our customer service team will be happy to help.
Other related questions:
Q: Does Capital One require travel notification?
A: Yes, Capital One requires travel notification. You can notify Capital One of your travel plans by calling the number on the back of your card or by logging in to your account online.
Q: How do I inform my credit card of travel?
A: You can inform your credit card company of your travel plans by calling the number on the back of your card and letting them know the dates you will be traveling and where you will be going.
Q: Do you need to notify your credit card when traveling?
A: Yes, you should notify your credit card company when traveling. This will help prevent your card from being declined when you make a purchase.
Q: Do all Capital One cards have no foreign transaction fee?
A: All Capital One cards have no foreign transaction fee.
- Notify us of travel plans | Capital One Help Center
- Traveling with your card | Capital One Help Center
- Setting a Credit Card Travel Notification | Capital One
- Traveling with debit card | Capital One Help Center
- Do I have to set a Capital One travel notification? – WalletHub
- How and why to set up travel alerts on your credit cards