Muscat is the capital of Oman and one of the most beautiful and welcoming cities in the world. If you’re planning a trip to Muscat, here are a few things you should definitely add to your itinerary:
1. Visit the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque – this stunning mosque is one of the largest in the world and is an absolutely breathtaking sight. Make sure to dress respectfully when visiting.
2. Spend a day at the beach – Muscat has some of the best beaches in the world, so make sure to spend at least one day relaxing on the sand and swimming in the clear blue waters.
3. Go for a hike in the mountains – Muscat is surrounded by stunning mountains, so go for a hike and enjoy the incredible views.
4. Visit the souqs – the souqs in Muscat are a great place to bargain for souvenirs and try out some delicious local food.
5. Take a boat trip – there are plenty of boat trips available in Muscat, so jump on board and enjoy the ride.
6. Visit the Nizwa Fort – this historic fort is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Muscat. It’s definitely worth a visit.
7. Enjoy a traditional Omani meal – Omani food is delicious, so make sure to try some while you’re in Muscat.
8. Go scuba diving – the waters around Muscat are perfect for scuba diving, so if you’re a qualified diver, don’t miss out on this opportunity.
9. Visit the Bait Al Zubair Museum – this museum is a great place to learn about Omani culture and history.
10. Relax and enjoy your time in Muscat – there’s no rush when you’re in Muscat, so take your time and enjoy everything this amazing city has to offer.
Other related questions:
Q: Is Muscat worth visiting?
A: Muscat, the capital of Oman, is definitely worth visiting! The city has a lot to offer, including beautiful architecture, stunning mosques, and lovely beaches. There is also a great selection of shops and restaurants, and the people are very friendly.
Q: How many days should I spend in Muscat?
A: There is no definitive answer, as it depends on what you want to do and see while you are in Muscat. However, most people recommend spending at least a few days in the city to get a good feel for it.
Q: Can you walk around Muscat?
A: Yes, you can walk around Muscat. There are plenty of things to see and do in the city, and the climate is generally quite mild, so walking around is a great way to explore. Just be sure to dress appropriately for the heat and wear comfortable shoes.
Q: Can you drink alcohol in Oman?
A: Yes, you can drink alcohol in Oman. However, you should be aware of the local drinking laws and customs. Alcohol is only sold in licensed establishments, and you may need to show ID to purchase it. Drinking in public places is not allowed.
- THE 15 BEST Things to Do in Muscat – 2022 (with Photos)
- 15 Best Things To See And Do In Muscat, Oman – TravelAwaits
- 10 Best Things To Do In Muscat, Oman – Hand Luggage Only
- THE TOP 10 Things To Do in Muscat | Attractions & Activities
- Guide To Top Things To Do In Muscat Oman 2022
- 10 Best Things to do in Muscat, Oman • Muscat Travel Guide