We’re sorry to announce that Plenti is ending. We appreciate all of our members and the support you’ve shown us over the past few years.
It’s been a great ride, but unfortunately we didn’t see the adoption rates we were hoping for. So, we’ve made the difficult decision to wind down the program.
We want to thank all of our members for their loyalty and support. We’ll be working hard over the next few months to make sure all members are able to redeem their points before the program ends.
If you have any questions, please contact our customer support team. Thank you again for being part of Plenti.
Other related questions:
Q: Why did Plenti fail?
A: There are a variety of reasons why Plenti failed. One reason is that the program was not marketed effectively. Another reason is that the program was not designed to meet the needs of consumers. Additionally, Plenti did not offer a compelling value proposition for consumers.
Q: What happened to the Plenti program?
A: The Plenti program was discontinued in July 2018.
Q: Does Macy’s still use Plenti points?
A: Yes, Macy’s still uses Plenti points.
Q: Where is the Plenti card accepted?
A: The Plenti card is accepted at a variety of retailers, including Macy’s, AT&T, and ExxonMobil.
- What Happened to the Plenti Program? – AutoSlash
- Why the Demise of Plenti was Inevitable – Clarus Commerce
- Why the End of Plenti is a Better Beginning for Brand Loyalty
- Plenti Customer Loyalty Program To End In July – Forbes
- Macy’s exits Plenti loyalty program – Retail Dive
- American Express to end its Plenti frequent-shopper program
- American Express’ Plenti Program to Officially End on July 10